About » Our Staff
Who's Behind Digital University
Digital University is the world's first Internet-based training and information organization for the financial service industries. Digital University first began offering Internet-based training and information services in 1997. Thousands of financial institutions have used the company's services.
Digital University is the creation of Dr. Kenneth J. Thygerson. Thygerson has served as a business executive, academician, business and government consultant, and Presidential and Congressional advisor.
As a businessman, Thygerson served as President and CEO of the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, Imperial Corporation of America, and Western Capital Investment Corporation.
As an academician, Thygerson has authored or co-authored over 10 books and 50 articles for professional and trade journals. His most recent books include:
- Product-line Profitability Evaluation Systems for Financial Depositors, published by Quorum Books
- The Financial Institutions Internet Sourcebook, authored with Gary Evans, published by McGraw-Hill Inc.
- Management of Financial Institutions, published by HarperCollinsPublishers
- Financial Markets and Institutions: A Managerial Approach, published by HarperCollinsPublishers
- Controlling Corporate Legal Costs: Negotiation and ADR Techniques for Executives, published by Quorum Books
He has taught at numerous executive development programs and is a frequent speaker on topics in economics, finance, and housing.
Thygerson spent over 10 years as Director of the Division of Research and Economics and Chief Economist of the United States League of Savings Institutions. There he was responsible for managing the trade group's over 20 research professionals. Thygerson has testified in over twenty Congressional hearings in both the House and the Senate and before the California legislature.
As a Presidential and Congressional advisor, Thygerson served as a member of President Ronald Reagan's Commission on Housing from 1981 to 1982 and as a Senior Advisor on the Reagan 1980 to 1981 transition team. Thygerson has testified in over twenty Congressional hearings in both the House and the Senate. He also served as an advisor to government officials in Latvia, Indonesia, and Mexico and consulted for financial institutions in the U.S. and Ireland.